Welcome to the Connecticut Package Stores Association!
The Voice of the Retail Liquor Industry in Connecticut
Why Join CPSA?
The Connecticut Package Stores Association (CPSA) is your trade organization that works to promote retailer interests across the state. We also fight legislation that negatively affects your business and advocate for legislation that makes your business environment better. We are the only entity at the capitol that advocates for package stores.
A strong retail tier means that CT consumers are well served. CT consumers have a vast selection of products to choose from and we don't want to see that changed to fewer brands. We need you as a member in order to stay strong as an organization, so support CPSA because we are working for you!
Without CPSA nothing would stand in the way of major changes for the
benefit of other interest groups other than package stores. We need you
as a member to stay strong as an organization. Membership dues for
package stores are $250 per year. If you are interested in joining,
please fill out the application form and return it to our office with
payment. No one of us is as strong as all of us!
2012 was the most significant in proposed legislative changes to the alcohol industry in 30 years. These proposals will come back so we need you to be a member and help us to promote how much Connecticut consumers benefit from the great selection and service that comes from the vibrant package store industry.
What else do you get?
- email updates from CPSA, American Beverage Licencees (ABL) (news updates requires registration at "ablusa.org"), ABL insider hard copy membership magazine and CPSA newsletter updates in the Beverage Journal
- a website to keep you informed of the latest news
- full time staff on hand to serve you
- an annual Golf Tournament
- membership in our national organization American Beverage licensees (ABL), our advocate in Washington DC to help promote and preserve rules supporting off-premise retailers of beverage alcohol
- board meetings are only open to board members
What victories have we had?
Over the years CPSA has been successful in it's efforts fighting for the retail liquor industry in Connecticut and we will continue to do that. Here are a few examples of what we have faced at the capitol:
- allowing quantity discounting
- wine in food stores
- repeal of minimum bottle
- increasing the three permit limit
- big-box store expansion into in-store alcohol sales
- excise tax increases (the reason why Connecticut product is more expensive than the surrounding states along with our high sales tax)
Click here to download our application form!
We look forward to serving you.